The submission of documents electronically to the RPD of the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada (IRB) is now allowed through the use of Canada Post’s epost Connect™ service. This service allows for electronic file transfers that are secure, private, and confidential. The instructions below will guide you through the process of signing up for this service and sending documents electronically to the RPD.
The process consists of three parts.
- Sign up with the RPD for access
- Register with the epost Connect service (through the email you will receive from the RPD)
- Submit your documents through epost Connect
Part I – Sign up with the RPD for access
Go to the RPD’s online web-form.
Select your region.
Enter your email address.
The RPD will send you an email invitation to join the epost Connect service.
Part II – Register with the epost Connect service
The instructions below will guide you through the process of signing up to the epost Connect service so that you can submit documents to the RPD.
Click on “Access the Message” which is found in the email invitation you received from the RPD.
When you arrive at Canada Post’s epost Connect portal, you will see the following screen. Click on the “Use Connect” link which will open a new window for you to create an account profile with epost Connect.
Complete the Profile Information form to create your account. Once you have filled out the form, click on the “Continue” button.
You will be taken directly to your epost Connect Inbox. You are now ready to submit documents to the RPD for your case or your client’s case(s).
Preparing your documents to send
To submit documents they must:
- be submitted in accordance with the RPD rules,
- be legible, including the proper pagination,
- be in PDF format,
- and the document file name should follow the following naming convention:
[IRB file number] – [type of document] [# of #] (example: TB7-12345-BoC 1 of 1)
[Client ID] – [type of document] [# of #] (example: 0123456789 – Disclosure 1 of 2)
The client ID number can be found on the claimant’s Notice to Appear for a Hearing document which is provided at referral. The IRB file number can be found on any correspondence document issued by the RPD to the claimant.
Part III – Submit your documents through epost Connect
Once in your epost Connect Inbox (which is now connected with the RPD), please follow the steps below:
Click on the name of the conversation.
Click on the envelope to view the contents of the message.
To send documents to the RPD, click on the “Post Message” button.
Click “Choose Files” and browse for your document(s) to attach them to the message.
Please refrain from adding any text in the Message box. The purpose of this epost Connect service is only for the submission of documents.
Click the “Submit” button. The document(s) will be transmitted to the RPD via epost.
The Sent time in the message to the RPD indicates that your document(s) have been received.
- Please ensure to save your original document(s) on your computer or network as epost Connect is not meant for saving your files.
- To submit more documents at a later date or for another case, just log into epost Connect and submit your new documents.
- If you change regions, then you will have to sign up with us again (by following the steps above) to be able to submit documents to that new region.